- IVAA Position Paper on AMR [pdf]
- Antibiotic resistance, integrative approach in anthroposophic medicine and anthroposophic hospitals, a presentation by IVAA Board President Thomas Breitkreuz [pdf]
- The Role of Complementary and Alternative Medicine in Reducing the Problem of Antimicrobial Resistance [pdf], a joint IVAA and EuroCAM paper published in 2015
- Goetheanum Medical Section page on antimicrobial resistance
- World Health Organization’s page on antimicrobial resistance
- Esther T van der Werf et al., Do NHS GP surgeries employing GPs additionally trained in integrative or complementary medicine have lower antibiotic prescribing rates? Retrospective cross-sectional analysis of national primary care prescribing data in England, BMJ Open, 2018.
- Esther T. Kok et al., Resistance to Antibiotics and Antifungal Medicinal Products: Can Complementary and Alternative Medicine Help Solve the Problem in Common Infection Diseases? The Introduction of a Dutch Research Consortium, Evid Based Complement Alternat Med., 2015.
- Hamre HJ et al., Anthroposophic vs. conventional therapy of acute respiratory and ear infections: a prospective outcomes study, Wien Klin Wochenschr, 2005.
- Goetheanum Medical Section page on cancer care
- www.mistletoe-therapy.org, further information on mistletoe therapy
- GS Kienle, et al., Individualized Integrative Cancer Care in Anthroposophic Medicine: A Qualitative Study of the Concepts and Procedures of Expert Doctors. Integr Cancer Ther. 2016 Dec;15(4):478-494.
- GS Kienle, et al. Influence of Viscum album L (European Mistletoe) Extracts on Quality of Life in Cancer Patients: A Systematic Review of Controlled Clinical Studies. Integr Cancer Ther. 2010, 9 (2), 142–157.
- W Tröger, et al., Viscum album [L.] extract therapy in patients with locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer: a randomised clinical trial on overall survival. Eur J Cancer. 2013 Dec;49(18):3788-97
- W Tröger, et al., Quality of life of patients with advanced pancreatic cancer during treatment with mistletoe: a randomized controlled trial. Dtsch Arztebl Int. 2014 Jul 21;111(29-30):493-502
- F Schad, et al., Overall survival of stage IV non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with Viscum album L. in addition to chemotherapy, a real-world observational multicenter analysis. PLOS ONE. 2018, 13(8): e0203058
- H Greenlee, et al., Clinical practice guidelines on the evidence‐based use of integrative therapies during and after breast cancer treatment. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. 2017, 67: 194-232